Lvia Statuto in inglese
The action of LVIA is intended for the whole human family, whose members have equal rights and dignity as well as duties and responsibility of operating for the construction of common good with an environmental friendly approach.
The association acknowledges the possibility of a plurality of change paths, by promoting the responsibility of every society in proposing modalities which shall acknowledge everyone’s dignity, encourage a fair access to the resources, respect the rights of every other man and have a careful eye for the needs of future generations.
- the processing and setting up of direct interventions of international solidarity, cooperation, humanitarian help
- the promotion of cooperation between territories and communities of the “north” and “south” of the world
- the activity of education, awakening and information of the societies of the north and of the south of the world about the above highlighted subjects
- the search for the causes of injustice and its consequences and the improvement of the relevant knowledge and awareness
- the promotion with the competent authorities and various bodies of initiatives intended to remove situations of injustice and their consequences
- the promotion of an open intercultural society
- the promotion of aware and sustainable choices of consumption
- the participation to networks or aggregations with goals and purposes coherent with these articles of association
- the promotion of every other initiative coherent with the values of these articles of association
The relations between the associates and the association are established by the Associate’s charter, adopted by rule.
The association acknowledges the following forms:
- The territorial antennas, when the President shall decide to give specific powers of attorney with institutional or operational characteristics, in compliance with the different territorial expressions of association
- The groups, associations and supporting committees, who cooperate with the association in order to reach specific goals or on a continual basis
- The territorial association seats, which are defined based on
– a mutual forma acknowledgement with LVIA based on the acknowledgement of the requirements specified as rules
- The organs of the association are the following:
- The general meeting
- The board of the association
- The Presidency
- The President
- The board of arbitrators
- The board of auditors
The meeting is chaired by the President of the Association or a proxy and is valid when the number of associates present and of those represented by proxy exceeds 50% of the associates.
If upon first summon the number of the present associates mentioned before should not be reached the meeting will be summoned again and it will be considered to be valid independently from the number of associates present. The meeting deliberates by simple majority of the associates present.
The ordinary general meeting has the following duties:
- to adopt the rules for the election of the organs of the association
- to elect the President of the association and the members of the board of the association chosen among the associates, to elect the members of the board of arbitrators according to the present articles of association
- to approve of a mandate program at the beginning of the mandate of the elected association organs
- to approve of the yearly report and balance sheet within June 30 every year
- to decide of the exclusion of any associates for a serious reason
- to decide whether transferring the legal seat of the Association
Any modifications to the articles of association shall be made by the extraordinary meeting valid with the physical presence or proxy of half of the associates plus one. It deliberates by simple majority of the associates present.
The board of the association consists of:
- thirteen members elected among the associates who have duly paid their association fee, among which, by right, the President of the Association
- a member every associated territorial seat, with no voice
- The managers of the operating structure, with no voice up to max. four according to what has been defined by the attributed proxies
The members of the Presidency who are not elected members of the board, with no voice
The President summons the board of the association at least four times a year or upon request of at least one third of the elected members of the board. The board of the association is summoned in writing with at least 14 days’ notice before the expected date and shall contain the agenda. The Board of the Association shall provide control and give a purpose to the association. In particular the board of the association shall:
- decide about the admission of the associates and ratify their withdrawal apart from the cases of expulsion due to serious reasons; the board also ratifies the state of delay in payment of the associates.
- establish the lines of conduct in the matters of financial management
- adopt the rules of the association except for the rules concerning the election of the association organs and the internal rules of the other association organs;
- approve of the budget and final balance
- approve of the preventive annual program, the progress of the program and the final report, including any references to the operating strategy of the association
- adhere to ethical codes and conduct codes and make sure they are correctly applied and express opinions and offer recommendations about any situations which imply the values and ethics of the association
- ratify the proxies of powers and functions by the President and relevant modifications
- ratify the composition of the presidency proposed by the President
- offer advice about the strategic lines of the relation between LVIA and other bodies and institutions and check its trend
- offer advice about the territorial and associative policy of LVIA and check its trend
- formulate recommendations about the activities carried out by the association
- formulate recommendations about the organization chart of the operating structure
- propose agendas about specific subjects which shall be taken into consideration by the presidency
Apart from the major delegations attributed by the President, the Presidency reserves the right of
- expressing the necessary opinion about the definition of the strategic guidelines relevant to the administration of the patrimony of the association
- expressing the necessary opinion about the definition and implementation of the policies of valorization of the human and territorial resources, including matters of formation
- expressing the necessary opinion about the criteria and choices of identification of the vertex managers of the association in Italy and abroad
- expressing the necessary opinion about the definition and implementation of the strategic guidelines of the relation of LVIA with other bodies and institutions
- exerting a role of supervision and validation of the annual plans, budget and balance
- evaluating the hypotheses of intervention in new areas or branches and deliberating about them, by specifying the elements of their decisions in particular for what the strategic opportunity of intervention and financial covering if not in the budget are concerned, after hearing the opinion of the competent department.
- assisting the President in matters of extraordinary administration.
The President can delegate functions to the members of the Presidency by selecting them among the functions specified in next article 19, by formal deed ratified by the Board of the Association.
- take care of the deeds of ordinary administration
- take on after hearing the presidency the responsibility of the decisions of extraordinary administration by undertaking to take them to ratification where necessary upon the first meeting of the competent organs of the association
- take care of the definition and implementation of the operating strategies in the various fields
- take on the obligations on behalf of the association
- inform about the activities of the association both the association’s organs and the associates
The President shall appoint a vice president with the same functions chosen among the Presidency members who are also elected members of the Board. The vice President shall replace him in his functions whenever necessary. Should the President not be able to carry out his/her functions for a period longer than 90 days, the Vice President shall summon the election meeting in the terms provided therefore in these articles of association.
The Association shall have an operating structure in order to reach its own goals. The President shall be responsible for the operating structure and shall coordinate its operation through formal mandates and proxies to be ratified by the Board.
The quality of associate will be lost by death, resignation, delay or default in payment and other serious reasons sanctioned by the Meeting unquestionably.
The revenue of the Association consists of:
- the association fees
- donations and contributions
- any other revenue incrementing the association’s income
The dissolution of the association is deliberated by the extraordinary meeting and the association’s patrimony will be used for welfare services and charity purposes similar to the association’s after settling all debts with everybody.
The ordinary meeting appoints three auditors, outside the Association. They control the administration of the association, examine and approve, by signing it, the annual balance and the patrimonial state to be submitted to the meeting of the associates. The auditors can participate with no voice to the meetings of the Board of the Association. They stay in charge for three years.
The ordinary meeting elects the Board of Arbitrators composed by two associates and by an external member. The arbitrators stay in charge for three years, during which the members undertake to maintain the necessary condition of being a third party as to the activities of the association. The board of arbitrators has the duty to decide upon request signed by at least 5 actual associates on the following subjects:
- cases of incompatibility or conflict of interests of any associates who have been elected to take part in organs of the association;
- any other events of conflict according to the articles of association.
The Board of Arbitrators decides based on the articles of association, on the internal rules, and on what legitimately established by the organs of the association. The decision of the Board of Arbitrators is written and accessible to all associates and is binding on all association organs who shall act consequently.
The legal seat and headquarters of the association are located in Cuneo. The seat can be transferred elsewhere without demanding a modification of the articles of association.
The current laws shall apply to whatever has not expressly specified by these articles and by the internal rules of the association.
Registered in Cuneo on November, 3 2008 under nr. 8335
True copy of the original document on 22 sheets for fiscal use.
Cuneo on October, 19 2008.